Started in 2011 as a summer camp for children of military families, Operation Xtreme gives military kids of all grade levels the opportunity to experience fun-filled camps.
CRISTA Camps invites children of active duty, reserve and retired military members from all branches to a week or weekend of camp at Island Lake or Miracle Ranch to experience paintball, dirt bikes, horses, new friends and more! All branches of the military are recognized and honored at each camp, and we strive to create a community where campers feel understood, supported and–most importantly–ready for fun.
CRISTA Camps Mission
To provide memorable experiences where people encounter Christ and servant leaders are developed, so lives and communities are transformed.
Operation Xtreme Camp Rates
Fees for Operation Xtreme camps vary based on the rank of the military family member*. Please refer to the chart below for these categories. As always, thank you for your service to our country.
|Rank||Summer Overnight Camp Fee|
|O1 and Above||$300|
|Full Regular Price||$540|
*Gold Star Families may register at no cost. (Please register online, and then send an email to email@example.com so we can confirm the registration)
CRISTA Camps COVID-19 Information (updated 04/14/2021)
The State of Washington continues to update and modify the rules in application to camps. The Governor issued new guidelines for overnight camps in late March so we continue to work through our process for implementing these into our camp operations.
Right now, we understand that Camp in Summer 2021 will be different from prior years as we seek to comply with the Washington State COVID-19 requirements and recommendations. Currently we are in Phase 3 which sets forth the following requirements which will apply to all overnight campers:
- All overnight campers must be fully vaccinated OR receive a negative COVID test no more than three days prior to arrival and remain in quarantine between the test and start of camp.
- Masks will be required to be worn at all times while at camp, except when actively eating, drinking, brushing teeth, sleeping, or swimming.
- Campers will be assigned to a cohort of no more than 16 campers, comprised of 2-3 sleeping cabins. This will also be the camper’s group for activities, meals, and fireside gatherings.
- We are delighted that Fireside gatherings will occur, with social distancing between cohorts.
- Meals will be eaten outside and will be boxed, plated, or served cafeteria style – no buffets or family style serving. If there is inclement weather, meals will be inside with all windows & doors open. Meal times may be staggered to maintain distancing between cohorts.
- Daily symptom screenings will be required for all staff and campers.
- No visitors to camp will be allowed except in emergency situations and except by express permission from the Camps director.
Sources: COVID19 Outdoor Recreation Guidance.pdf (wa.gov) (pages 6-8 – Overnight camps)
Operation Xtreme Teen Camp
Eligibility - Entering grades 7-12 - ONLY for dependents of current active duty, reserve and fully retired military members, and Gold Star children (all branches). During registration, you will complete an eligibility verification form.
Campers will participate in a dirt bike ride, paintball session and 8 element high ropes course while at Island Lake.
Camp is Sunday July 4, 2021 4pm - Saturday, July 10, 9am.
Operation Xtreme Junior Camp
Eligibility - Entering grades 4-6 - ONLY for dependents of current active duty, reserve and fully retired military members, and Gold Star children (all branches). During registration, you will complete an eligibility verification form.
Campers will participate in a horse trail ride and a paintball session while at Miracle Ranch.
Camp is Sunday July 4, 2021 4pm - Friday, July 9, 9am.