Camping and crafts – we’ve got both!
May 6, 2020
Are you and your kids itching to get outside and go camping? It’s that time of year, and we understand! Everybody loves a hike through the woods, dinner and roasted s’mores cooked over a campfire, looking up at the night star and pointing out constellations, and then going to sleep in a cozy tent.
Camping is a great time to bond with your family and make memories for a lifetime. It’s a way to get out into nature, turn off the noise, and plug into relationships with songs, games, and yummy food. But this year, we’re all having a bit of a struggle getting out into nature due to social distancing and stay-at-home mandates. That’s why CRISTA Camps is bringing Camping to YOU!
You are invited to the CRISTA Camps Good Ol’ Fashioned Camp In on Thursday, May 21st at 6pm!
You and your kids are going to have a blast! We’ll lead you through fun activities for an hour, and then let you take it from there. We’ve got a great Camper’s Guide to take you through the night. Here’s an extra craft to prep you for what’s to come …
Craft: Animal Jumble
- Drawing utensils (pencils, crayons, pens, paints)
- Scissors (parents can help with those parts)
- Tape or glue
- Everyone draw a different part of an animal, but keep which animals you’re drawing a secret. Let the artists decide what animals to do.
- If multiple artists are drawing, you can assign a part to each. (For example: one can draw a head, another the body, another the legs, and another the tail).
- If only one or two artists are drawing, draw a few different options of heads, legs, bodies, and tails)
- Help younger kids cut out their art with scissors.
- Put the animals together on a piece of paper with tape or glue.
- Have fun coming up with a new name for the species of animal. (A horse face with an ant body, cat tail, and bird feet could certainly warrant a fun name!)
- For extra pizazz, feel free to decorate with feathers, glitter, etc
Congratulations! Your family has just created a new animal!